Wednesday 27 February 2013

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, the Thief of Womanhood

Today I read something interesting; something that defines what I feel about my condition, Polycystic Ovaries Syndrome. Someone defined it as "Thief of Womanhood"... and I couldn't have said it any better.
Since this Thief found it's way into invading my body, I have gained weight even though I've been eating a lot less, I have lost what defines me the most as a woman, my periods and my fertility, I have become hairier (uughhhhh) and my skin is chaotic. The thing about PCOS is that it makes you gain weight but you need to lose it, to help your own body control the PCOS... in my case and in a lot of other people's cases, it doesn't matter how much we exercise or diet. Nothing changes.
The body I once loved has completely disappeared and all to this Thief, who came silently one day and stole it all from me.
Honestly, most days... I feel like I'm trapped in an infinite loop.



xx

 - # Spirit Bear.

1 comment:

  1. The most important thing is to keep your head up and think positively! :) xx

    ReplyDelete